for anyone interested in dance --the art of designing spaces with the body

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Dance activity in Panama

Hi everyone. I know there has been long time since I wrote my last post. I was on my break of classes and went back home to Panama. It lasted about a month and a half and feels like little. Once you are with family and friends again, it’s hard to realize that you have to return for classes that are about to start. And it’s even harder when you are enjoying warm summer weather at the beach, to suddenly start freezing at the north.
Anyways, referring to the main theme in here there was a quite active dance period in Panama. All dance academies and schools had their final performances of the year where girls from different ages demonstrate what they have learned. During the mid of December there was this aerial dance festival for 5 consecutive days in which national and international dance companies presented their numbers. I heard critiques and comments about it saying that the performances were great. There was also a Nutcracker presentation for two nights after Christmas, conformed by Panamanians young dancers from different academies and schools, directed by the Polish choreographer Marek Cholewa. I believe Cholewa goes to Panama every year or every two years to work on big ballets, since a long time ago. I even auditioned once for the Nutcracker he was directing some years ago. Unfortunately I couldn’t attend to any of these performances during my stay at home.
Now back in school, I will keep posting every often about dance and interesting things related to it.

No comments: